Council of Government
The Board of Directors of our Center is composed of the following members:
Members proposed by the Council of Government:
- Mr. Laurent MERTZ, President
- Mr. Serge HOFFMANN, Vice-president
- Mrs. Linda SCHUMACHER
- Mr. Guy SCHMITZ
- Mr. Jean OLINGER
- Dr. Dorothée KNAUF-HÜBEL
Members proposed by the Council of Government representing the interests of the users :
- Mrs. Tilly METZ
- Mr. Aloyse PAULUS
- Mr. Marc SCHOMMER
- Mrs. Raymond REMAKEL
Members representing general hospitals:
- Dr. Marcel BAULER
- Mrs. Monique BIRKEL
- Dr. Paul WIRTGEN
- Mr. Serge HAAG
- Mrs. le Dr Nervela MARCIC
- Mrs. Patrizia ASCANI
- Mr. Georges BASSING
- Dr. Nicolas CALTEUX
- Dr. Gregor BAERTZ
- Dr. Claude BIRGEN
- Dr. Marguerite LECHES
- Mrs. Vinciane DEROUAUX
Member representing the Medical Council:
- Dr. le Dr Jean-Paul SCHMIZ
Member representing the delegation staff:
- Mrs. Monique PEGELS
- Mr. Pascal FEITLER
Council of Administration
- Director / Medical Director: Dr. Anja DEKANT
- Administrative and Financial Director: Mr. Thomas HENKELS
- Director of medical care: Mr. Patrick SCHWARZ
- Phone: (+352) 2698 – 2100/2101/2102
- Fax: (+352) 2698 – 2999
- Email: email@example.com
Members of the Medical Council
- Dr. Jean-Paul SCHMIZ – President of the Medical Council / Specialist for physiotherapy and rehabilitation medicine
- Dr. Frédéric CHANTRAINE – Secretary of the Medical Council / Specialist for physiotherapy and rehabilitation medicine
- Dr. Jean-Pierre SAVY – Member of the Medical Council / Specialist for physiotherapy and rehabilitation medicine
- Dr. Thierry DEBUGNE – Member of the Medical Council / Specialist for physiotherapy and rehabilitation medicine
Nosocomial Infection Prevention Committee
- Dr. Jean-Paul SCHMIZ – President / Physician Specialiized in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Mrs. Armelle COLLOT – Nurse Hygienist
- Dr. Anja DEKANT – General and Medical Director
- Mr. Patrick SCHWARZ – Director of Care
- Mr. Tom HENKELS – Administrative and Financial Director
- Dr. Jean-Paul SCHMIZ – Chairman of the Ethics Committee / Physician specialized in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation / CNRFR
- Dr. Franck MULLER – Vice-Chairman of the Ethics Committee / Hôpital Intercommunal Steinfort
- Mr. Claude MARTINI – Member / Nurse / CNRFR
- Mrs. Andrée BOURG – Secretary of the Ethics Committee / Social Assistant / Intercommunal Hospital of Steinfort
- Mr. Jérôme KAPS – Physiotherapist / CNRFR
- Mrs. Sophie MARSON – Member / Hôpital Intercommunal Steinfort
The setting up of the Ethics Committee is governed by article 24 of the law of August 28, 1998 concerning hospital institutions.
The Ethics Committee is mixed, that is to say common to the Rehazenter and the Intercommunal Hospital of Steinfort.
Members are recruited from among doctors and other staff members of these institutions. External people can also be members of the Ethics Committee and this on consultation of the managing operators. The diversity of skills must be ensured by the medical field, as well as with respect to ethical, moral, social and legal issues. The mission of the Ethics Committee is quadruple:
- It is first and foremost a decision aid for the patient or his family, if the patient is no longer able to express himself; as well as for the doctors whenever a plurality of procedures gives rise to ethical dilemmas.
- The Ethics Committee is concerned with respect for the physical and moral integrity of patients.
- At the request of the managing body, the Ethics Committee assists in developing internal guidelines for institutions as far as they concern ethical issues.
- Finally, the Ethics Committee must familiarize and train staff in the open and dispassionate discussion of ethical issues.
The Ethics Committee issues opinions independently of the managing body and the management of the institutions. Opinions are confidential and non-binding. The opinions fully respect the law, the code of ethics and the rules of medical practice. The function of the Ethics Committee is purely consultative and it does not question the autonomy of patients, doctors and members of the multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary team involved in the care of patients.
The Ethics Committee can be contacted by the patient and / or his family as well as by the attending physician.
Ethics Committee / Internal Rules Page 1
Regarding the development of internal rules of conduct for institutions, the right of referral is reserved for the sole manager of the hospital. With respect to ethical issues that do not affect the caregiver-to-caregiver relationship and ethical issues that are not relevant to institutional rules of internal conduct, staff members or other individuals can enter the ethics committee.
In practical terms, the referral is initiated by a written letter sent to the Ethics Committee or by a simultaneous oral request to two members of the Ethics Committee to avoid any ambiguity in the understanding of the problem. Written mail may be deposited in a mailbox made available for this purpose by the managing body or via electronic mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The opinion of the Ethics Committee will be communicated to the applicant as well as to the patient and / or his family, as well as to the attending physician. The patient has the right to refuse to receive a notice.
– The Ethics Committee of Rehazenter
National Center for Functional Reeducation and Rehabilitation – Rehazenter
1 rue André Vésale
Hospital Intercommunal of Steinfort
- Dr. Anja DEKANT – CNRFR – Rehazenter – Medical Director
- Dr. Thierry DEBUGNE – CNRFR – Rehazenter – Medical Council Representative
- Dr. Elisabeth HOFFMANN – CHNP
- Dr. Marguerite LECHES – Hospital Center of Luxembourg
- Dr. Danièle LEDESCH-CAMUS – Northern Hospital Center
- Dr. Jean-Paul SCHMIZ – CNRFR – Rehazenter – Representative of the Joint Ethics Committee
Evaluation and Quality Assurance Committee for Hospital Benefits (CEAQPH)
- Dr. Anja DEKANT – President
- Mr. Laurent MERTZ – Member
- Mrs. Monique BIRKEL – Member
- Mrs. Tilly METZ – Member
- Mr. Serge HAAG – Member
- Dr. Françoise PAQUET – Member
- Mrs. Edith JUNG – Member
- Mrs. Cathy MODERT – Secretary
- Mrs. Monique PEGELS – President
- Mr. Hughes MORAINE – Vice-President and Equality Officer
- Mrs. Carla BARROS – Secretary
- Mr. Pascal FEITLER – Deputy Safety Officer
- Mrs. Estelle REIBEL – Effective Delegate
Research and Teaching Committee
In parallel with its main mission, which is part of the PO20 process of caring for the injured person of life, the Center develops two other complementary processes:
- PO21 Teach (Education)
- PO22 Participate in and lead research and development programs
Because of the strong link between these two processes, a common body manages them: the Research, Development and Teaching Committee, called CORDE.
Purpose of CORDE
Provide patients with state-of-the-art treatment,
Contribute to the qualitative development of the Center,
Strengthen the clinical and scientific reputation of the Center.
CORDE is thus responsible for:
- Make sure to link the needs detected by our health professionals and our doctors on one hand, and the research and development that will allow the Center to offer innovative services to our patients, on the other hand,
- Ensure a high level of professionalism in the transmission of the knowledge of the Center to the learners,
- Continuously improve the overall coherence between the lessons learned, the support and the research and development undertaken.
The Corde is composed of:
- Dr. Frédéric CHANTRAINE Medical referent – Physician specialized in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
- Dr. Anne-Marie SCHULLER Referent in Research – PhD in psychology,
- Dr. Florent MOISSENET Referent in Research – PhD in biomechanics,
- Mrs. Sylvie ROMMELAERE Referent in Teaching – Project manager and project.
It is thus the privileged interlocutor, internally and externally, on any subject related to research (scientific collaboration, reception of temporary research staff, that is to say doctoral and post-doctoral students) or internships (since observation courses up to Master 2 courses).
Roles of the 2 CORDE-driven processes:
” PO21 Teach ”
Welcome, accompany all trainees from educational institutions in the Greater Region.
Guaranteeing quality education by transmitting knowledge and practices in functional reeducation and rehabilitation and all that is related through the investment of the Center’s lecturers and institutional tutors.
” PO22 Participate and Lead Research and Development Programs ”
Realize and participate in scientific research programs in functional reeducation and rehabilitation, as well as in other related fields.
Coach memory interns, host temporary research staff (ie doctoral and post-doctoral students), contribute to the construction of knowledge and share with the scientific community.